Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Hotpoint bhwd149 - have had this appliance a couple of years

Customer Question

Hotpoint bhwd149 - have had this appliance a couple of years now. I want to use the spin function for hand washed items, but it just takes too long - about 15 mins when i need it to spin for only 2-3 minutes. Have tried interrupting the programme, and this does allow me to open the machine and remove the items, but it just picks up where it left off on the next use! Any tips?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The extended spin time may be related to poor drainage or an issue with the pressure switch circuit. Is the water draining quickly when it drains out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it drains OK on all programmes. But have I explained my problem properly, as your answer does not seem to address it. There is a spin only option on the machine, and I want to use this to spin hand-washed items. There is also an option to reduce normal spin speed (1400) to approx half this. But I want to reduce the time it takes, as most times I really don't need it to spin that long. So, I'd like to stop the spin earlier. I can stop the tumble drier element before the programme end - by turning the drier dial to '0'. Unfortunately, no such option for the spin. I can 'pause' and open the door to remove the items, and I have also tried then pressing the 'on/off' switch. But as soon as I use the machine again, even selecting a new programme, it will continue the spin until the end of that programme! Aargh! Bring back the twin-tub!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The spin time is, for the most part, programmed into the electronics. There are external factors that can lengthen the time, drainage time and if the pressure tube gets plugged and cannot respond to pressure changes quickly. Has the spin time changed since it was new or are you just looking to modify the cycle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change since I got it. Have never been able to get a short spin, and certainly no mention of this in the manual. Everything working fine. Guess I'll just have to select my washing model more carefully next time.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The spin setting will not be able to be adjusted, unfortunately. It is part of the programming in the control.