Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My bosch pyrolytic oven has an error code 15 since self

Customer Question

Hi My bosch pyrolytic oven has an error code 15 since self cleaning and i can't open the door. It happened 2 days ago and still locked
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know how to get into the oven and also why this happened in the first place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a thermal fuse that has likely opened. Usually, that is caused by the cooling fan not running or not running fast enough. The fuse is usually mounted on the back of the oven, behind the access panel. Some are mounted on the top, under the access panel. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am surprised to receive your response as I already had an email apologising that my question could not be answered so was expecting a refund not an additional charge.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I apologize, I cannot see anything other than the question threads. I saw your question on the list and responded. If you need help still, I am happy to help you. If you prefer, I can send your deposit in for a refund. Sorry for the confusion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have just got back from holiday so in response to your question so that you can assist with my original query it is a bosch pyrolytic oven model number hbn730560B/05. thank you very much.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! On that model, the Er15 means that the control thinks the oven is too hot and has locked for safety. Obviously, that is not the case if it is cool and the error still exists. So, that means either the oven temperature sensor has failed and is sending erroneous information to the oven controller or the controller is failing to interpret the signal from the sensor correctly. The oven sensor is much more likely to be at fault. Do you have a meter you can test the resistance of the sensor with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. to be honest i dont even really understand the question.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, well I would replace the oven sensor or call for service. One of the components has failed, that is for certain. Either the control module or the sensor will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced the sensor at oven error code 15 is still there
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
So the issue has to be with the control or the wiring between the sensor or the control.