Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express washing machine (WF02465GB). When it gets towards

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express washing machine (WF02465GB). When it gets towards the end of a wash cycle it stops 11 minutes from the end of the cycle with the spin light flashing and water is left in the drum. The only way to open the door is to turn the machine off on the wall and back on again and then set the spin program and press start button. More often than not this fixes the problem, draining the machine and spinning the clothes dry however sometimes the process has to be repeated several times to get the door open. One point to note If I drain the machine with the drain hose and set it to spin it will always empty every time.
Can you help, any ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the pump has been cleaned and the hoses are verified clear, the pump impeller is likely loose on the motor shaft. I believe the drain pump will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The impeller is tight on the motor shaft. I have verified this by trying to stop the pump impeller whilst it is draining with my finger and it is very tight! Any more ideas? The machine is still playing up!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, if the pump is energizing and the drain path is clear and you have verified the impeller is tight, that only leaves the tub opening where the water drains into the pump as suspect. Small articles of clothing can get sucked into that tub outlet, causing poor drainage. Once the suction of the pump is gone, the clothing floats away and water will drain. Can you remove the hose that leads from the tub to the pump from the tub to inspect that tub outlet?