Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Zanussi zwn 6120l has been playing up recently. The fabric softener section of the

Customer Question

Hi. My Zanussi zwn 6120l has been playing up recently. The fabric softener section of the drawer is still full/near full of fabric conditioner at the end of each washing cycle. It started quite a while ago and has got gradually worse.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue has to either be lack of water into the dispenser or there is an obstruction in the line that flushes the detergent compartment. Does the detergent compartment flush well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the detergent is always gone...
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so the issue has to be a blockage somewhere. You may have to remove the top cover from the machine to access the dispenser top. Can you do so and remove the hoses from the valve to the dispenser and see how they look?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, maybe but not right now. It's under a counter,.... My husband can maybe take a look later, but possibly not til the weekend.... Do you mean a blockage in the water input?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Correct, and there is no time limit, that will be just fine. Please disregard any automated messages you may receive, I have no control over those.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks we'll take a look.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You bet, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Not yet had chance to check the pipes, but I read somewhere online that the siphon effect in the softener drawer will sometimes not work if the machine is slightly tilted forwards, so we put some coasters under the front feet to test. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference. However, one thing I thought was worth mentioning is that the water must be able to flow into the drawer as after the cycle the drawer is fuller than before, and you can see there is water mixed in with the softener. Do you still think it's likely the water pipes?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Not if the water has entered the compartment. If you slowly pour water into the compartment, does it start a siphon and dispense?