Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Trying to find a fault on a whirlpool adg 7952 the green light

Customer Question

Trying to find a fault on a whirlpool adg 7952 the green light flashes twice and beeps the tray is dry I did fiit the sensor back onto the top left hand of the door but suspect the micro switch may be broken ?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The F2 error is indicative of water in the tray. If it is dry, the float switch may be faulty. Is the drain pump running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said the tray is dry. How do I check if the drain pump is running?Many thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I understand the tray is dry, that is why I suspect the float switch is an issue. You should be able to hear the drain pump humming or buzzing. Do you hear anything at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello kellyI have not been able to work on the machine again until now. Therefore I cannot rate your answers yet.
There is no whirring noise from the pump is there a way I can bypass it to see if that's what is stopping it.Thanks Andrew
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sorry if you are getting the automated rating messages, those are timed and I have no control over them. Turn the mains off for at least 4 hours. Any change in the error code?