Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My zannusi 14270 has no lights showing when switched on then

Customer Question

My zannusi 14270 has no lights showing when switched on then after around 15 mins they come on and it starts working for the whole cycle then same thing happens again. This fault happened around a year ago then cleared itself
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi The first thing to check is the plug socket if you can. Try the washer in another socket just to rule it out. But if the plug socket is fine then the fault here will be the control board. Ive replaced loads of them in the past for faults like this. As theres a blue switching unit on the back of the control board. This is the part that usually causes the fault as it doesn't switch over when you turn the dial. But for this fault it will need to have the complete control board replaced and that will sort it out. Now sometimes the fault clears itself like it has done. But other times it completey packs in and doesn't turn on at all. But the fault you have is nearly always down to the control board im afraid but worth trying the plug socket first. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.