Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have a wme8227b. will fill and drain but wont spin or

Customer Question

hi,we have a wme8227b. will fill and drain but wont spin or wash. any ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi If the washer will fill and drain but will just not wash or spin then its possibley worn carbon brushes in the motor. What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards and get someone to hold for you.Then lie down and look under the washer and there you will see the back of the motor.There either side you will see the carbon brushes. Remove these and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them. Then retry the washer and fingers crossed this will sort it from there. But if the brushes are fine then just get back to me and I can advise further. Regards
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.