Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a jlss2009 and the fan is not running to cool the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a jlss2009 fridge freezer and the fan is not running to cool the fridge. The fan moves freely if you manually move it. There is 240v at both terminals for the fan on the pcb
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you have voltage at the fan and it moves freely, the motor has electrically failed and will need to be replaced. That motor is available below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly,

I had narrowed it down to the PCB or the fan. The only thing that made me think that it may be the PCB was that there was voltage at both terminals on the PCB and I wondered whether the fan was neutraly switched. I will test the fan with a known supply and order one if it doesn't spin.

Thanks

Chris

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good, thank you! Did you test power right at the fan terminals? That will tell you right away if it is faulty. Voltage and so fan is faulty fan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly,

Tested fan and its working fine with a know power supply. Are there any other components to try before changing the PCB.

Cheers

Chris

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I would test the power at the fan installed in the freezer. There may be an issue with the wiring or the board relay may not be able to carry the load of the fan attached.