Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have just moved into a flat which has an indesit iwme126

Customer Question

Hi, I have just moved into a flat which has an indesit iwme126 washing machine. I put it on hours ago and it won't stop. I have had to switch it off from mains. The 2 hour led was lit but 3hrs later it was still going. Any ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!If it will not shut off, either the control "sees" water that needs to be drained out (in a flood mode) or the electronic control has failed. Is it the drain pump motor that you hear constantly running? Is there water in the tub?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly, there is water in the drum. The washing machine makes the normal sounds it should make with the detergent compartment. When you switch the machine on, all appears normal. It was set to program 9 so I went ahead and filled with calf on. The 2 hour led light was lit. The water seems to fill up and drain somewhere as there isn't that much water in the drum. It just doesn't stop. It washes, spins etc. It doesn't react to spin or drain when I tried to stop it mid cycle - it just kept going!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If the water is not all draining out, that is the issue. Do you see a small access door at the bottom of the front panel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I won't be there now until weds so may I pick up this issue with you then? Thanks

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Of course, just reply back as you are able. Please disregard any automated messages you may receive, I have no control over those.