Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Yes there was a problem with the defrost sensor placement being

Customer Question

Yes there was a problem with the defrost sensor placement being to close to the heater causing the evaperator to ice up and stop cooling.
The sensor should NOT be at the bottom but moved to the TOP of the evaperator.
Due to the cable going hard and unbendable when frozen it would be better to have it defrosted before you attempt to move it.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wanting to know where the sensor is and how to move it... any diagram would be great Frigidaire FRF170FF Freezer. Over the last year or so I've found that sometimes at random intervals it warms up from -22 to about -9 which sets off the high temperature alarm.After a while it seems to sort itself out and then goes back to -22 and stays there for long periods. It only happens once in a while maybe only every few months. The freezer also get very hot in the top left corner on the frame where the seal on the door sits.Hope you can help
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time. Do you still need help with this?
If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.
Thanks Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Yes, you should wait till it thaws out to do this, otherwise you run the risk of it snapping!!
It should be clipped to the back of the evaporator with a pin type click.
If you look, you should see where it is now
Hope this helps
Rob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont suppose you have a drawing what i am looking for at the back of the freezer. Is it just visible without removing anything
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I looked earlier and couldnt find one, sorry
Ill continue to look and let you know if I find something
Rob