Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have an Electrolux Time Manager Ecowash 7kgm.It was on it's

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux Time Manager Ecowash 7kgm.It was on it's "spin"setting when there was a loud bang & it started to spin erraticaly...faster then slower...so I switched it off. I have now tried to rotate the drum & it makes a grating sound, quite loudly. I have not put a load of washing in as I dont need a load of wet clothes on my hands if it fails to work! Is this likely to be something that can be repaired for a reasonable price, or should I just get a new machine? I am aware call out fee + repair was quite expensive a couple of years ago.
Margaret,***@******.***
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Im so sorry that no one else has responded to you.
Apologies for my delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?
Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.
Can you tell me the model number?
Prior to this, ws the machine noisy on spin cycles?
How old is the machine and how many times a week is it used?
Thanks
Rob