Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have just had an EFO message displayed on the front of my

Customer Question

I have just had an EFO message displayed on the front of my AEG Lavamat washing machine. What is this?? The washing machine was supposed to have just finished a whites wash at 60 degrees. When I open the door the the washing is still hot and it has either not rinsed and drained or just not drained and spun. When I turn the machine off then on again the letters EFO have disappeared but if I try to turn the dial to drain nothing happens it just seems to hum. Help!!!!!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi When you get this error code its because water has leaked into the bottom of the washer. What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it 45 degs backwards. This will allow the water to drain out from the base so you will need a towel for that. Once the water is out retry it and see how it goes. If it happens again then there is a leak in there which you need to remove the top and back panel and try and see were the leak is coming from and fix it from there. So try the above and see what happens and let me know. Regards