Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My beko wme 72675. Will not start a cycle. It didn't finish

Customer Question

My beko wme 72675. Will not start a cycle. It didn't finish a daily wash and would start a spin and drain. I've drained the machine using the drain value and the other cap and no more water comes out. However when I use it now it just clicks makes a buzzing sound and ends the cycle
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi If you set to a spin only do you hear the pump running?If not then is the buzzing noise coming from the filter area at the bottom? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like it's about to start but the it's like a loud repetitive clicking sound and it says end on the display
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's now started to spin but stops with out making any clicking or buzzing noise
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok try this and see what you find. Remove the filter again and look inside the chamber were the filter goes and at the back is the pump impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the impeller up. Once clear reset it by holding the start button for several seconds and then set it on a rinse cycle and see how it goes from there and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did they above, how do I know it resets?Put it on rinse t put water in, drained some of it and then went to end
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
To reset it all you do is hold the start button for a few seconds and then the end light will flash and the pump should run and then stop. So when you set it to rinse did it work? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When set to rinse it pumps water in and out but the drum doesn't spin.I don't have any lights on this one beko wme7267s
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the drum isn't turning then what you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and get someone to hold for you. Then lie down and look under the washer. There you will see the back of the motor.You will see the carbon brushes there either side in plastic holders.Remove these and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them and then retry it and fingers crossed that's sorted it from there. Let me know what you find. Regards