Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

There I have a Whirlpool dryer AWZ 3303 and it keeps

Customer Question

Hi there
I have a Whirlpool dryer AWZ 3303 and it keeps blowing a fuse in the house whenever we plug it in. I'd be really grateful for any advise before having to junk it and buy a new one.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi If its blowing the fuse then this is usually the heater which causes this. What you need to do is remove the top and the back panel.There you will see the heater and thermostats. Check these and see if theres any signs of burning on there.Also disconnect the wires to the heater and then tape them up and refit the back panel and retry the dryer. If it doesn't blow the fuse then this proves the heater is the issue and you will need to replace the heater and that should cure it from there. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards