Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have an Ariston Oven model FQ1012. It pressure sensitive

Customer Question

I have an Ariston Oven model FQ1012. It pressure sensitive buttons/controls at the front. Some of the buttons don't work well. Eg; cannot activate the 'start/stop' button. things get worse when the oven is hot. Then all the buttons don't work. Any idea why?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.