Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an indesite iwme126 with lights (from left)1 2 &5

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sorry for the delay in getting to your question do you still need help on this? If so then the lights you have flashing is the 5th light you say the door lock light? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lights flashing are from left 1& 2 and the 5th light
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok looking at this the 5th light is the door lock light so ignore that light so its just lights 1 and 2 on this. For this error code its F12 which is communication fault between the main board at the back at the bottom and the front control board at the top. What you can try if you haven't already is remove the plug from the socket completey and leave it 20 mins as this will allow the componments to discharge themselves. Then plug it back in and see if this clears it. If not then pull the washer out and remove the top panel and look behind the plastic control panel. There you will see a red wiring harness going to the front display board. Remove this and inspect the block for any signs or corrosion on there. Give the end a gentle squeeze and refit it and retry the washer and see if this sorts it. If after all that its still the same then im afraid its going to be the main control board at the back at the bottom at fault here. For this it will need to be replaced and programmed up as these boards are sold blank. So for this it will be cheaper to get indesit in as they do a fixed price repair for £110 which includes all parts and labour and they will program the board with there laptop. But try the above first if you can as sometimes this can cure it and get it going again. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try this and great back to you. Thank you
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries fingers crossed that works for you.