Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Electrolux esf 6230w dishwasher is going through half its

Customer Question

My Electrolux esf 6230w dishwasher is going through half its was cycle. But when it starts draining it shuts off
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is shutting totally off, there is probably an issue with the electronic control. It may also be that the drain circuit is drawing excess current for some reason and shutting the control off. I would first look at all of the wiring connections. If all are found to be okay, replace the control module.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't shut off it just stops the cycle and the middle light blinks which according to the manual means there is a blockage in the drain pipe, but I have already checked the hoses and they are not clogged. Also tried running dishwasher cleaner through but it didn't help. If I drain the machine manually, by holding the drain hose lower than the machine. It will allow me to restart a cycle only to stop and blink the same warning code when it gets to the draining part of the cycle
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** change things. If it manually drains and the pump is running, you have a faulty pump. The impeller is likely loose on the motor shaft. I believe the pump assembly will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pump doesnt run. To emty it i have to suck on the end of the drain hose like siphoning gas on a car
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you hear the drain pump humming or buzzing, like it is getting power but not able to run? Can you test the voltage at the drain pump when it should be running?