Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Smeg Dishwasher that is not cleaning properly.

Customer Question

I have a Smeg Dishwasher Model DI612CA9 that is not washing properly.

After the cycle has finished, the items and the dishwasher sides are still dirty.

I have run a cleaner through it and taken out all the sprayers and the nozzles look fine.

If you open it part way through a cycle, there is plenty of water in it and it feels hot enough.

Yesterday, I took the sides off and cleaned out that large flat plastic ‘maze’ looking bit where the inlet pipe comes in.

I took out the inlet valve and it looks clean too, but it’s all one piece so can’t be dismantled to check inside.

Any ideas why it might not be cleaning?

Thanks. Adrian

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There has to be an issue with one of the things below.

Hot Water
Water Recirculation
Detergent

If you have verified water is heating and there is plenty of water, the issue is likely with the recirculation. The impeller may be loose on the motor shaft and not spinning. PLace four empty bowls in the corners of the top rack, facing up. Start the dishwasher and allow it to start washing for one minute. Then, open the door and see if there is any water in the bowls.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kelly

Apologies for the delayed response, I was checking the wrong email account.

I have tried the four bowls in the top rack as you suggested and they do have water in after running it for about a minute.

What can I try next?

Many Thanks

Adrian

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so that proves that we have good recirculation. So, either the water is not getting hot, the water is not entering the machine on every fill or the detergent is ineffective.