Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Kelly, I have a Tefal Express Compact steam generator

Customer Question

Hi Kelly,
I have a Tefal Express Compact steam generator iron. It switches on ok and the blue light flashes whilst it getting ready to steam. Iron is hot but no steam at all. The Iron was dropped.
Regards
Dave
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The fact that you hear clicking and the generator seems to kick in leads em to believe that the power circuit to it may have been damaged when it was dropped. It may be that when the generator is actuated, the connections are no longer able to carry the high current draw, causing the clicking you are hearing. Did you inspect all components when you had it apart?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,I'n not a specialist so I only checked the spade connections and the valve.What is the power circuit? Once I know what it looks like, I can have a look. Once I locate it, what is it I should be looking for to know whether that is the cause of the problem?ThanksDave
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Well, you can follow the wires to the generator back to the control and button to inspect for issues like melting or discoloration. Can you post pictures of what you see inside the unit?