Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Bosch Exxel fridge/freezer model KGU31125GB. It has

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Exxel fridge/freezer model KGU31125GB. It has started to make an intermittant high pitch whining noise, which can last for about 30 seconds or more before it stops, this is happening about 6 or 7 times an hour.
If I open the freezer door then it stops immediately. Is this a sign that the compressor is on its way out ?
All the freezer draws are currently full if that makes a difference.
The fridge is about 7 or 8 years old, I can't remember exactly when I bought it
Steve
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The sound is from the evaporator fan motor inside the freezer, that is why it stops when you open the door. The motor will likely need to be replaced and is available below.
http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/product/Motorfan/00489442
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,
Is this something that I would be able to do myself, I am relatively mechanically minded, and if so what is the procedure that needs to be followed.
Presumably it involves removing the back panel from the inside of the freezerSteve
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It is not difficult to install, just some disassembly required. The rear wall from inside the cabinet will need to be removed to access the fan motor and, of course, any shelving.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume you mean the drawers from the freezer rather than the shelves from the fridge compartment.
Do you have any tips on removing the rear panel ?