Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a beko washer dryer. When I use the cottons wash it flashes up

Customer Question

I have a beko washer dryer. When I use the cottons wash it flashes up safety on the rinse stage, drains the water and then completely switches off. I have had engineers out 5 times, replaced various parts, when they replaced the main switchboard it would not work at all and would not work when they put the original part back. They have now got it working with another new main switchboard but the same problem is still occurring. I can use the other programs with no problems.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WDA 91440 W. I think that's the model number!
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok what other parts have they replaced on this?And is it just the cottons wash that does this? Are the other wash cycles ok? Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The first engineer told me the hose was too far down the pipe! They have replaced main electrical switchboard, front electric panel and water pump.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's just the cottons wash. I can use the Eco cottons wash, rinse, spin and drain, drying cycle.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ok if both electronics have been replaced and the pump is fine and the height of the waste hose is fine then its possibley a faulty pressure switch. As from the fault you said and saying the board had been replaced I did wonder if they have done the pressure switch. But if they haven't then its possibley this at fault. As to be honest there isn't much in there. You have a heater, water valve, pump motor and control board. The water valves and motor will be fine otherwise it will do it on all cycles. The heater now can cause problems but you tend to find it fails during the wash rather then the rinse cycle. But worth testing the resistance of the heater if you have a multi meter. But a pressure switch can fail during use. They don't fail often but can drop out during the cycle. So you need to check the heater and pressure switch in there and see what you find. But im taking it this is under warrenty still with Beko?If so then contact them and see if they will exchange it. As if its been ongoing for more then 28 days they should replace the washer as that's what they used to do for customers. If it cannot be repaired for the same fault in under 28 days then they used to exchange the appliance. Ring them up and say your not happy and they should replace the washer. But if its not under warrenty then you need to check the heater and replace the pressure switch and fingers crossed this may cure it from there. Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It fails during the rinse cycle not the wash cycle so it is probably the heater then? Unfortunately it was just out of warranty :-(
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi Its possible its the heater. But if you have a multi meter you can test it. It should give a reading of about 28 Ohms. But as its just out of warrenty if you haven't already speak to them as I do know in the past they have done what they call good will repairs to appliances that's just out of warrenty so maybe that's worth a try as well. Regards