Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an indesit iwdc6125. It wont drain or dry. All lights

Customer Question

Hi I have an indesit iwdc6125. It wont drain or dry. All lights across top flashing. Lights vertical only bottom 4 are on. We have checked filter, pump, spigot, replaced thermistors but still gets stuck on drain even took pcb into specialist shop they said nothing wrong with it. Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

If you have the bottom 4 lights lit on the vertical row when the others are flashing this is error code F15.

For this code its a fault on the dryer heater. Remove the top and there you will see the dryer heater wires at the very back of the metal chamber on top.

Check the wires on there as they can break. Just give them a tug.

If the wires are fine then test the resistance of the dryer heater and i think you may find this is faulty.

As if you had the control board checked and given the error code this is nearly always either a broken wire to the dryer heater or a faulty heater element.

So check them and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just to double check when I say bottom 4 lights are lit that is inclusive of the door lock light, is this still a F15 error code. Thanks

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Thats correct the error code are the lights at the bottom which the door lock light is part off.

So the door lock light is light 1 so all 4 bot***** *****ghts is F15 code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi thats great. Wires seem fine. Where would I check the resistance.....on what part of the dryer?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Were the wires go to the tags on the heater just place each probe of your meter on there and that will tell you if the heater is faulty or not.

Regards