Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Daniel, I have a Zanussi ZSF 4143 that has water in the

Customer Question

Hi Daniel, I have a Zanussi ZSF 4143 that has water in the base. I've checked for blockages and all seems clear. Power light is on but I can't activate any of the programmes. No lights displayed either (other than power light). Any ideas please? Thanks,
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Have you removed the water from the base of the dishwasher?
Is the end of cycle light flashing still?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I've removed water from the base.
No end of cycle light flashing. None of lights work except for "Power on" light.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was offline when you replied back.
Do you still need help on this?
If so then remove the plastic control panel on the door at the top and there you will see the on/off switch on the right and the control board on the left.
Check that on/off switch and see if theres signs on melting around the tags on there. If so then the switch will need to be replaced.
But if the switch is fine and theres still no lights coming on the control panel then its possibey a faulty control board as that's the only 2 things that control the lights on the front and starting it going. So check them and see what you find and let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, thanks for this suggestion. I'll be back home tomorrow so will try it out and then let you know how it ends up. Many thanks!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries that's fine.