Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I've a siemans dishwasher that does not seem to get to the

Customer Question

I've a siemans dishwasher that does not seem to get to the drying phase of the cycle and just stays on 1 minute remaining. Any thoughts?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
When you get a fault like this then its usually down to a heating issue here. This is usually either down to a faulty control board or heater.
What you need to do is remove the outer door panel and then the plastic control panel and then you can see the control board.
Remove this and open the plastic casing and inspect the board and see if theres signs of burning on there. If so try and resolder it as sometimes you can get a dry joint on the heater relay and this casues the problem.
But if the board looks ok then you need to remove the right hand side panel and from there look under the dishwasher in the middle and you will see the wires to the heater. You need a multi meter and test the heater for contonuiy. But you need to fill it up with water first so the plunger in there pushes out. If the heater is faulty then this will need to be replaced from there.
Check them out and see what you find. As for this fault its usually one or the other that causes it.
Regards