Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My indesit dishwasher is 3 years oild and has a programming

Customer Question

my indesit dishwasher is 3 years oild and has a programming problem. It has only been working on the eco wash for sometime. Now it starts but stops within a few minutes and doesnt do anything. Can you help please
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please.
Also when it stops do you get any flashing lights from it?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an Indesit. There are a few numbers none labled model, I will give you them all. Type DWL-DEA 602-S, S/N###-##-####and another number *********** When it stops the eco light stays on it only flashes when I select it.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok ive got the model of the number you posted so thanks for that.
If you don't get any lights flashing then its not giving an error code so its usually either a faulty door switch which does burn out as Indesit have a recall on this model for the door switch burning out. Or it can be the control board itself at fault.
What you need to do is remove the outer door panel and then you can remove the plastic control panel.
With this off you can then see the door latch unit. Check the wiring on there and see if it has burnt. If so then the door latch will need to be replaced and the wiring repaired.
But if that's all ok then the control board will be the cause. Now theres no way to reprogram these im afraid as this is all done by the Indesit laptop. You need to have there laptop to be able to do anything with the control board. Even if you replace the main board they are sold blank and needs to be programmed up.
So in the case the control board is the problem then its actually cheaper to get indesit in as they do a fixed price repair for £110 all in so its cheaper and easyier to get Indesit in to do that repair.
But check the door switch first as if this is faulty then you should be able to repair yours.
Regards