Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Our Whirlpool AWO/D 45135 is not working. Though plugged into

Customer Question

Our Whirlpool AWO/D 45135 is not working. Though plugged into a working outlet, the machine is inert, with no sign of power on the front controls.
Please advise on initial/further fault finding.
Many Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

If there no power to the display and the power supply is fine then its either the mains filter or the control board at fault on this.

To check you need to remove the top and there you will see the mains filter at the back. It will have the power cable going to it.

If you have a multi meter check theres 230v there.

If so then follow the wires from the mains filter to the back of the control board and again check theres 230v there.

If there isnt then the mains filter is the issue. But if there is then the control board is the problem and that will need to be replaced and this will get the washer working again from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, carried out tests as suggested and power is getting to the control board. Please advise the easiest route to get a new board sent out. I'm a Brit living in Slovakia and things are not quite as sophisticated or as joined up as elsewhere. Thanks for your time.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok if you need the part sending out to Slovakia then you can try these as they do post out to Europe. http://www.4whirlpool.co.uk/control-board-pcb/product.pl?pid=2249761&query=481221479954 That's the part for the model number you posted. Regards