Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I never use my washer dryer as a drier, only twice ever,

Customer Question

Hi. I never use my washer dryer as a drier, only twice ever, but I did need to on Friday night. It fused something cos the lights went out also. I flicked the switch and thought nothing of it. Tonight I want to use the washing side of it and it won't start. The lights are on but when I press start it looks like it will start but then the lights all flash and it doesn't start. I've tried to get the code but nothing changes, it just show the time of whatever program its on. I've tried to press both buttons on the top row from the left and the first button on both rows but that doesn't work either. Any ideas
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any news?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've further tried to get the code but it just indicates the time as before but I've now noticed that it does start for a second or two and then stops. Please get back to me.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the make and model number please.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Aeg lavamat turbo 16830
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
Try this and see what happens.
Pull the washer out and remove the top.
From there you will see the dryer chamber running from front to back.
At the very back of this you will see 4 wires. This is for the dryer heater.
Pull them off and tape them up out of the way and retry the washer. Fingers crossed this will get it going from there.
If it does then you need to replace the dryer heater to get the dryer side up and running again from there. But if you don't use the dryer side often then this will happen again. Its quite a very common fault on these washers dryers as the dryer heater goes to earth and messes the electronics up and causes this fault.
So try the above and fingers crossed this will get the washer side up and running again from there.
Regards