Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Daniel, I have the same DD d/w VZ9446E1, fitted over 10

Customer Question

Hi Daniel, I have the same DD d/w VZ9446E1, fitted over 10 years ago and has always been fine until few months ago. By way of elimination, I have discovered that at some point during the cycle (not exactly sure when, but towards the end), it "trips out" the RCD side of my consumer unit - sockets. I did have an elec appliance guy come, but he didn't actually do anything, and said there could be a couple of causes, one more expensive, and I might as well buy a cheaper integrated d/w. Is it possible to "reset" it? Your advice would be very welcome. Thank you. Sue
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is no reset for this type of issue. I suspect the heater may be shorted. How long into the cycle does it trip?