Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a lam 8670 no go Just stopped and left bottom

Customer Question

Hi I have a lam 8670 no go Just stopped and left bottom full of water Mick Kent
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If there are no lights or noises at all, the main power supply connections have likely burnt, the power supply has tripped at the mains or the main electronic control has failed. Can you verify power to the appliance? If you have power, turn the mains supply off for at least 4 hours to reset the electronics. Let me know what happens, please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is power and I have turned it off for over four hours mick
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you have power and it is still dead, the main electronic control module will likely need to be replaced. The door will come apart by removing the screws from around the inner door and separating the panels.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Door apart.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great, now to get the replacement control module. The company below handles Lamona parts. However, you will need to phone them for the correct part.
http://www.inter-spares.co.uk/howden/howden-lamona-dishwasher-spare-parts/lam8670.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the new part arrives. Is correct I'll be be more than happy to acknowledge /rate your efforts. No disrespect intended.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Sure, thank you. I suspect you received an automated message, I have no control over those. Please disregard any other automated messages you may receive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New part fitted no difference.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You for certain have power at the control?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah all lit up. All controls work ie press for set programme it calls it but doesn't kick in when you shut the door. You can just here the faint noise of something 'whirling'.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It was dead before but now has lights and you hear a whirring? That sounds like a flood cycle has initiated. Is there water in the base of the machine, under the wash tub?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the power and lights were always there. Yes there is water in the base You say wash tub? Same lingo for dish washer?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the main tub where you load the dishes. Is there water under it, in the base?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. It didn't empty Please refer to my first question.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No, the base of the machine, UNDER the tub where the dishes are. You will have to remove an access panel from the side or from below the door to see in that base.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes have taken bottom front panel off and water is in bottom/base.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that is your problem. That water needs to be dried up to restore normal operation and then the leak addressed.