Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I've just changed the water filter on my Whirlpool fridge freezer

Customer Question

I've just changed the water filter on my Whirlpool fridge freezer and the display is still flashing F01%. I've run water through it until it's clear, but it doesn't seem to have reset itself.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ice maker also appears to not be filling up - but this had stopped before changing the filter too. are these problems related?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The filter counter must be manually reset. That is usually done by pressing and holding a button. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
As for the ice maker not working, the display and ice maker issue are not related. If the pressure had dropped with the old filter in place, the ice maker fill tube has probably frozen. Can you see ice in the maker that is just not dumping or is it dry?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your reply. The model number is: FRSB36AF.
And the ice cube tray is dry.
I switched the freezer power off for a few minutes but that didn't solve anything.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Press the OK button until F99% reappears on the display. That should reset the filter counter. Can you see the tube that fills the ice maker? Is it frozen shut with ice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks that worked. Ice is now re-filling, seems to have sorted itself out.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Excellent!
Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service.