Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch wfl 2872 washing machine that is not spinning

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Bosch wfl 2872 washing machine that is not spinning up properly. It tries repeatedly but cuts out. I have changed the brushes on the motor but to no effect. Sounds like it is pumping out fine on the attempted spin cycle. Not sure what to try next?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

If you set it going on a spin only with nothing in what happens?

Is the drum turning and trying to pick up into a spin?

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it goes through a few revolutions then cuts off, waits then tries again. This goes on for quite a while then gives up and 'ends' the spin. Never achieves a full sustained spin. Sounds like it is pumping at the same time. I checked the pump access at the front, this is clear.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Ok im taking it its draining the water out ok.

Try this and see what happens. Remove the top and locate the pressure switch. Going to the bottom of it.

Pull that hose off and blow hard down the hose to clear the pressure chamber.

Then refit the pressure hose and retry it on a spin and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is draining. Removed the hose at the top of the machine (at the switch?) Blew down it hard. No change to spin issue. Any other ideas?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Ok stupid question but just want to make sure, You have got the spin speed dial turned onto the spin setting and not set to no spin?

If thats fine and the motor is turning but not spining then its more then likely the control board. As this is the part which controls the speed of the motor and tells it to turn and then tells it to pick up into a fast spin.

In this case im afarid the control board will need to be replaced and that should get it spinning again from there.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yep spin dial set to 1400

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Thought it would have been but just wanted to make sure.

If thats all ok then im afraid its starting to look like a faulty control board here.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you point me at one online? How much do they come in at?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Just checked and im afraid these are very expensive. The part itself is £245 for the part only. The part number for it is 00488207

At that price its not even worth fixing as you can get a new washer for just a bit more money.

Regards