Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hey, I have a hotpoint fridge freezer model ffa71g. The freezer

Customer Question

Hey, I have a hotpoint fridge freezer model ffa71g. The freezer high temp light and food defrost alert lights are on.
Compressor at bottom rear seems to be working, fan inside freezer is not coming on.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
What you need to do is empty the freezer and remove the back panel.
Then you will see another panel behind there. Remove this as well.
Then with that out you will see the evaporator unit. If this is covered with ice you need to clear it all from there with a hairdryer and fully melt it away.
Once that's all clear retry it and fingers crossed that will get rid of the high temp light and get it working again from there.
But it if happens again in say a few weeks then its a fault on the auto defrost side. This will be either down to the defrost heater or the control board. So you will need a multi meter and test the heater and thermal cut outs inside the freezer and if fault then they will need to be replaced.
But try the above and fingers crossed its just an ice build up and the defrost cures it.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards