Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My leisure HJA6100 is leaking water from the back panel where

Customer Question

My leisure HJA6100 is leaking water from the back panel where the grills are in the freezer compartment. How do I stop it? Thanks
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

What you will find is the drain channel inside the freezer will be blocked so water will be overflowing and leaking under the drawers at the bottom.

What you need t do on this is empty the freezer and remove the back panel. Now this all clipped in so its a case of removing the bottom vent and pulling the back panel off from the bottom upwards.

Once thats pulled off or lifted up you will see the drain hole at the bottom at the back. It will be covered in ice so break the ice from there and then you will see the small hole. Pore boiling water in there to fully defrost the hole and that will stop this leaking all the time.

Or if you dont want to go removing panels then you need to empty the freezer and turn the appliance off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open. This will allow the ice to melt in there and defrost it itself from there.

Try the above and that will cure the fault from there.

Regards