Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Siemens washer/dryer 12-52 is not working. Whichever

Customer Question

My Siemens washer/dryer 12-52 is not working. Whichever setting I try the screen is lit orange but blank.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please. It will be on the sticker on the inside of the door and start E-nr
Also have you tried the washer in another plug socket?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number E - Nr. WD12D520GB - 05.I have not tried in another plug as there is power as the screen is lit.
Thanks Claire
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks for that. I know if has power there as the screen is lit but if its not full voltage then it can cause faults like this so well worth trying another socket.
Also try and unplug the washer and leave it out of the socket for 30 minutes as this will allow the componments on the control board to discharge themselves.
Then plug it back in and see what happens from there.
If its still the same after that then unplug the washer and remove the top. Behind the control panel you will see the main control board. Check the wiring connections are fine on there.
If that's all fine and its still coming on but not showing anything then its going to be a faulty display control board. As in there are 2 control boards, The main board and the front display board with the display screen. That's the one that's more then likely faulty and will need to be replaced.
Once the display comes on and shows the cycles then it will start and work as normal from there.
So try the above and see what happens but if none of that sorts it then the display control board will need to be replaced to cure this.
Regards