Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have just put a new fan in my neff oven but the fan is

Customer Question

Hi I have just put a new fan in my neff oven but the fan is still not going round. What else can be causing the problem?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the model number please.
Also is the oven still heating up?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,
the oven model number is ***** I bought a new fan from Neff spares and fitted it but it is still not working. The fan heater element comes on but the fan does not turn. The lights are not working either. All other functions of the oven are working so we can still use it as a conventional oven.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok theres 2 things that can cause this if the fan isn't the issue. Either the small thermal cut out on the back or the control unit.
If you look on the back of the oven you will see a small thermal cut out. Test this with a multi meter and see if fault. If so then you will need to replace this.
But if that's fine then its looking like the control unit on the top as this is the part that sends the voltage to the motor for it to run.
So check them and see what you find as from the sounds of this its either the thermal cut out or the control unit on this. But testing the thermal cut out will tell you which it is.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I test the thermal cut out presumably I need the oven power on, does the fan oven need to be activated, and am I testing for voltage on both sides of the cutout?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Sorry for delay I was off line when you replied back.
To test the thermostat you need to turn the power off and test it for continuity rather then voltage across it.
Regards