Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My caple fridge freezer fridge compartment keeps freezing

Customer Question

My caple fridge freezer fridge compartment keeps freezing up
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

Can you post the model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry don't know the model.a solid mass of ice forms on the back of the fridge

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok when this happens its usually down to a faulty thermostat. But the odd time it can be the file clip the thermostat pushes into on the evaporator thats come away so it doesnt senese the temperture and causes it to get to cold like this.

So what you can do on this is replace the thermostat and fingers crossed this will cure it. As 8 times out of 10 it does.

But if is still the same then its going to be the file clip thats come away on the evaporator. When this happens its game over as that cannot be repaired as this is all foamed in at the back so theres no access to this part.

So you can try and replace the thermostat and fingers crossed that will cure it from there.

Regards