Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a meile wt945, yesterday it tripped out the mains whilst

Customer Question

I have a meile wt945, yesterday it tripped out the mains whilst on drying cycle while i was out. When i reset the mains the dryer came back on and then tripped the mains again. Now the washing machine trips the mains even when turned off
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there is either a shorted component or there is water that has gotten into an electrical circuit and is creating the short. Can you see any evidence of a leak?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no leak, it is working now as a washing machine, so it must be the thermostat on the dryer element. Which points towards the problem being a clogged up fluffy fan.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure how it would cause it to trip with it not even being on. I suspect it will need a disassembly and inspection to get to the bottom of it. I am interested to know what you find.