Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Smeg SA660x dishwasher. Usually always use cycle no

Customer Question

I have a Smeg SA660x dishwasher. Usually always use cycle no 3. Dishwasher not used daily. Sometimes it goes thru OK other times just seems to get stuck during the cycle appearing to fill a little then empty a little and repeat this. We replaced the timer - no improvement. Took it to Tones for repair. They returned it - invoiced foer replacing a capacitor. Still sometimes worked other times did not. They tried again. Said it was OK. Still the same problem. Having spent so much hate to ditch it. Is there any hope of repair?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect the issue lies with the pressure switch. It may have a bit of debris in the line that is not allowing it to sense the water level correctly. The pressure switch is mounted in the base of the machine and has a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?