Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Whirlpool model AKP 262/IX - oven has just stopped working.

Customer Question

Whirlpool model AKP 262/IX - oven has just stopped working. Fan seemed to still be working but no heat. Display in front is not working either. Please help
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
So if you set the oven going is the light inside the oven lit?
Is the fan in there running?
Also when you say the display isn't working on the front has this gone off and has it happened at the same time as the no heat?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no light working in the oven and the fan is not running now. The display has gone off and yes it happened at same time as the no heat.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok if theres nothing coming up on the display then that will be why the oven isn't working.
Theres a few things that can cause this issue. Either the main control unit or the thermal cut out.
Pull the oven out and remove the back panel of the oven.
On there there should be a small thermal cut out. It will have 2 wires going to it. You need to test this with a multi meter. If faulty then it will need to be replaced and fingers crossed that should cure it.
But if that's all ok and you do have power going to the oven then is looking like a fault on the control unit here im afraid.
But check that thermal cut out on the back as you may find this is the issue here.
Regards