Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Tumble dryer problems. Re-positioned dryer and now it steams up and doesnt seem to condens

Customer Question

Tumble dryer problems. Re-positioned dryer and now it steams up and doesnt seem to condense properly
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Can you post the make and model number please.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
siemens e46.38e nr WT46E387GB/03
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worked in my last house, it was set up to exit water down the stand pipe. Since we have moved Ive used it once and it is way too hot and steamy
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thanks for that. Were abouts is the dryer located now?
How big is the room?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is under the counter, same as before. It's a small utility 2mx2m but there is no door and open plan into the kitchen.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's fine.
How many hoses is visable on the back for the water container?
Also have you checked the condenser unit at the bottom is fully clear and locked into place?
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are no visible pipes on the water container just one blue inlet hole at the very back. I have just emptied some water from it and it was half full. It done about 5 loads, first dried ok then it required a further 4 goes to dry the the second load.
I've checked both filters and they are clear.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok if it was working ok before you moved then just try this and see what happens.
Pull the dryer out from under the unit and run it out of there and see what happens. Run it in the middle of a room and see what happens from there.
As if its a tight fit under there then it can cause problems as dryers need plenty of airflow for them to work otherwise it causes a lot of problems a bit like you have now.
So try that and let me know how it goes.
Regards