Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch dishwasher fills and empties repeatedly

Customer Question

bosch dishwasher fills and empties repeatedly
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

Can you post the model number please. Its usually ecthed into the door frame on the top left hand side as you open the door and starts E-nr

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI Model number : Sgv46m43gb

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks for that. If its filling and draining at the same time the its usually a fault on the pressure chamber side as it can block up so it fills up but actiavtes a switch which brings the pump on.

What you can try first as its built in is remove the wooden outer door and then remove the wooden kick board at the bottom of the kicthen.

Then look under the door and you will see a metak cover between the door and the plastic base, Remove this panel from there.

Then look on the front on the far left and you will see hose. Pull this out and give it a good clean out. As if this blocks up it can cause the fault you have now.

Then retry it and fingers crossed thats sorted it from there.

But if its still the same then you need to pull the dishwasher out and remove the left hand side panel.

Then look on the side in the bottom right corner and you will see the pressure chamber. Remove this and give it a good clean out and see how it goes from there.

Try them and see what you find. As if its filling and draining at the same time then its usually down to the above.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I will try that - I have replaced the impeller at the back same scenario - so thought it might be electronics

Cheers

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

No worries try that and see what you first.

As to the impeller at the back this usually doesnt cause it to fill and drain. When these fail it just fills then stops.

Its possible it could still be the electronics. But well worth checking the hose at the bottom first as ive had this issue quite a lot. As the water cannot get into the tub quick enough so the water backs up in the flling tank and activates the over flow switch which brings the pump on.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah no water is entering the tub at all

already cleaned the float switch with bicarb of soda as well

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok so if it is filling but the water isnt going into the tub and the pump is running then its possibley blocked in there so just check it out when you can and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok cheers

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Pulled the sump outlet pipe off the pump and rodded with skewer and blew through - able to set off the drain action as I raise the switch float with the air flow so it must be free. However we did notice that water is now entering the tub when filling. The tap light is still coming on and same scenario

Also checked the pump pipe as much as I could - seemed free but because of the elbow difficult to check.

Hmmmmm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As an update - i filled the dishwasher with hotwater and left it for about a half hour then drained it. Now the pump stays on continuously when switched on

Suggest the float switch is stuck

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

If the pump is running all the time now then check that float switch on the side and make sure theres no water leaked into the base and activated the flood switch as well.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi been trying all sorts of things and just checking - but now the machine has gone back to emptying and filling all the time - the tub fills fine - cleaned the whole system again checked the impeller was installed correctly - any more suggestions

Cheers

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok did you check the pressure chamber on the left hand side?

Did you remove this and give it a good clean out?

If so then its possible thats the issue.

Set it going with the left side panel removed and watch it as its filling. In the bottom left you will see a micro switch with a small blue bar across it. Watch it as its filling and see if that blue bar pushes out and see if the pump runs then.

Let me know what happens.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI Thanks for that - it wont be tonight but tomorrow now - just got in from fixing the Land rover.

I did see the micro switch with the blue x.

What is the normal action for this switch

Many thanks

andrew

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

No worries thats fine.

Normal action for that switch is to be up against the plastic filling.

As if it overfills or the water is slow getting in then you will see that blue bar push out and when that happens the pump kicks in.

We dont want that blue bar to come out.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Excellent - and if it does come out - do i need to replace the micro switch?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

If it does come out then its possibley a blockage in there or the hose that goes from the filling tank to the sump.

But if clearing that out doesnt cure it then you will need to replace the pressure chamber as it comes complete as a pressure chamber in there.

Regards