Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My AEG favorit will not start. It hums and then reports error

Customer Question

my AEG favorit will not start. It hums and then reports error 20 ( no drain). But there is no water to drain ? Any ideas please ?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

When you restart a wash cycle the first thing it should do is bring the pump on. Do you hear the pump running or do you hear a slight humming noise from the very bottom?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would say humming as though the pump is trying to run but does not
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok if its humming then its more then likely a jammed pump.

What you need to do is remove the outer door panel by removing the screws on the inside of the door as you open it.

Then from there you can remove the plastic or metal cover on the front at the bottom below the door.

Then you will see the pump on the front at the far right hand side.

This is a twist fit pump. So make sure all the water is scooped out from inside the dishwasher.

Then you need to remove the pump and clear it out from there.

But be carefull as its usually glass that blocks it up.

Then refit the pump and retry the dishwasher and fingers crossed this will cure it from there.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay will do
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries just let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately it still doesn't work. Humming noise and then .20 error after about 4 minutes. No water in the machine after the 4 minutes either ?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok if its still not working then try this and see what happens.

Remove the right hand side panel and look in the bottom left corner and you will see the pressure switch.

Remove this and disconnect the hose going to it and blow hard through it as this will clear the pressure chamber in there.

Then retry it and see how it goes from there. As if the pressure switch is stuck on then it thinks theres water in there when there isnt and brings the error code on.

Try that and let me know how it goes.

Regards