Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Bosch washing machine won't drain. I've emptied the water

Customer Question

My Bosch washing machine won't drain. I've emptied the water and checked the filter on front. Trying to change the cycle to see if problems solved but just keeps beeping and not doing anything
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

Can you post the model number please.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bosch logixx 7
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

I need the model number please as Logixx 7 is just the range.

If you open the door there will be a sticker on the inside. It will be on there and will start E-nr

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bosch logixx 7 WIS24140gb
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that ive got it now.

If you turn the dial to off wait a few seconds then back to a spin or any cycle is this when it beeps?

Are you getting any flashing lights from it?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
earlier when I tried to put it on another cycle it was beeping and the lights were flashing but since then it's been taken apart so the filter and hose could be cleaned. I started it up again after on the rinse/ freshen cycle. It filled with water but wouldn't empty and lights flashed and beeped. Switched it off again and have tried it on a spin now but it's just sitting doing nothing
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok so is it still full of water?

If so then when you try a spin only cycle do you hear a humming noise comming from the pump?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I think so. Sounds like it's getting ready to move but doesn't
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok when you checked the filter did you make sure the pump wasnt jammed up as well?

Remove the filter and this time look inside the chamber were the filter goes and at the back in there is the impeller X shape.

Check theres nothing caught up in there stopping the impeller from turning. As sometimes things can get past the filter and into the pump impeller and jams it up from there.

Check that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's nothing in there and the pump is able to move
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok leave the filter out and set it going on a spin only and see if the impeller in there is turning ok when it should.

Will the drum turn still?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it spins once I've emptied the water out of the drum first. Impeller and drum both spinning
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay. I did reply back to you yesterday but it looks like it didnt go through.

Do you still need help on this?

If so then if the pump is running but its not draining then it has a blockage in there somewere. Have you checked the drain hose and were it drains to. If it goes under a sink then remove the spigot it pushes onto and check theres nothing stuck in there blocking it.

Regards