Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18 yr in home service
13202342

I have an ei27bs26jw3 Electrolux refrigerator. Received error

Customer Question

I have an ei27bs26jw3 Electrolux refrigerator. Received error code SY CF. When emptying the ice bin found a white wire hanging down. It has an inch an a half plastic piece at end of wire Found a 3 inch plastic piece in the ice. This piece has a styrofoam lining. How do I put these two pieces back? Is my food okay for the night ? Sounds like motor is still running
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
has the bulb been torn off the end of the wire ? its live wire so dont touch it ..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is still connected
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
that is the icemaker sensor it comes with the icemaker ,it cannot be bought seperately ,you need a icemaker for that , the error code means the two boards ,the main board and the display board are not communicating , you can try unplugging for a few minutes to see if it resets , if it doesnt then the main board needs replacing , if the icemaker wire has any bare wire showing anywhere ? and fell in the ice or touched the metal of the ice bin then it shorted the main board ..your food will be fine if you hear the motors and compressor running ,but some parts will be reqd
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so I need to contact repair service?
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
you will need the icemaker ,and if the error doesnt reset then the main board , they can be changed ,depending on your mechanical ability , the board is under the fridge ,it has one screw and pulls out ,and the icemaker is clipped in at the top
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 1 year ago.
ok ,good luck