Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hoover DST 10166PG and I left the transit bolts

Customer Question

Hi I have a Hoover DST 10166PG and I left the transit bolts in. The washer no switches on selects the rapid wash itself and sounds like it's filling before switching off completely. The belt is in place and the drum turns freely by hand.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
When you say it switches off do the lights on the front go off as well?
If so when it goes off are you able to turn it back on again.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they do. I can turn it back on if I first press and hold the power button for few seconds first.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok if its going off completey then its more then likely a faulty electronic unit here.
What you can try if you want to is remove the top and check the wiring connections to the front control board.
If that's all ok then you need to check the main control board at the bottom of the washer. You need to check the wiring connections on there as well for any lose blocks.
But if that's all ok then you have a fault on the electronics. So with it being new you will be best getting Hoover in. When you phone them up just don't tell they you left the bolts in otherwise they wont come out or will try and charge you. So don't tell them that's the case.
But check the wiring connections on both control boards and see what you find and let me know.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will do that. Can I reply in a while as I have had to leave the house for a bit.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries that's fine. Juts check it out when ever you are ready that's not a problem.
Regards