Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Aquarius wf541 1400 spin. After the last wash

Customer Question

Hi I have an Aquarius wf541 1400 spin. After the last wash two of the option s lights were on an th only way to turn them off wash to unplug the machine. Today I put a wash on and after a few minutes the machine trips my electric,seems to be at the end of the wash cycle. I am just about to check th mother board as suggested with the flashing lights but any other thoughts before I do please
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Which lights was flashing as it depends which lights as that's the error code.
If you number the lights going down the side of the dispenser with 1 at the top which number lights were flashing?
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
2 reduced creases and 5 extra rinse.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Are you sure the extra rinse light was flashing as this isn't part of the error codes on this washer.
Is it just certain lights of the options that's flashing and not the top row other then the on/off light?
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing was flashing. Those two lights were on and couldn't be turned off. Had to unplug the machine to get them off.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Ok if it was those 2 lights that were lit only and couldn't be turned off then its usually the display board on the front rather then the main control board at the back at the bottom.
But as to the tripping of the electrics then the most common causes of this is either the motor, heater element or the mains filter at the top which has the power cable on it.
To find these you will need an insulation test meter to find the earth fault in there.
But if you don't have one then you need to disconnect the motor and heater unit and test it on a cycle and see if it will run without tripping the electrics. If it runs without tripping when you disconnect one of them then that's the issue there.
So check them and see what you find. But as to the lights staying lit and not turning off then this is usually down to the front display board itself on there.
Regards