Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My AEG favorite dishwasher seems to be struck on a programme,it

Customer Question

Hi,my AEG favorite dishwasher seems to be struck on a programme,it seem to be draining constantly making a sucking noise,and makes a beeping sound alert
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

When it does this it means water has leaked into the base under the dishwasher and has activated the flood swicth.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow water to drain from the base so you may need a towel for that part.

Then stand it up right and once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and stop the pump from running all the time.

Then retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed that will cure it but if it does it again then theres a leak which you need to find and fix to cure this.

You need to remove both side panels and then you can see under the dishwasher and check all the hoses under there and see if any are split.

But try the above and see what you find from there.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi,I did not have time to do anything earlier,but today I got the dishwasher out and tilted it over to 45degrees,this this not solve the problem,there was no water come out,and no leaks.stood it back, up and tried it again,no joy. The same problem,it is humming,or draining water out,but not moving to next programme.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok can you post the model number please.

Also do you get any flashing lights from it?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

S_no 01468468

F35020v1

When I reset the programme,the humming starts, and some the beeping sounds start. The arrow with line in front flashes sometimes,but when I reset it stops.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok that light with the picture of the error is the end light. When this flash its an error code.

Set it going again and leave it and see if that light starts to flash. If so then count the number of flashes from it in between the pause and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Three lights flash, with beep,and then a pause, the red light on the water sober symbol was on.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Ok 3 flashes is the anti flood switch in the base is activated.

If theres no water in the base then you need to lie it on its back and remove the plastic base cover and there at the back you will see the anti flood switch. It will have the polystrine float in there.

You need to check this and make sure theres nothing caught up in there keeping the flood switch activated.

If it looks ok then you need to test the microswicht in there as well.

Check that and see what you find. As the fault its showing is the flood device is activated so it thinks it has water in the base.

But if all thats ok then remove the righ hand side panel and look in the bottom left corner and you will see 2 pressure switches. The one on the right is the saftey switch. If this fails then it can cause the same fault so if the above is fine then you can try and replace that safety pressure switch and fingers crossed this will cure it from there.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not been able to take it out from under the workshop yet, will be trying, in the next week.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries thats fine.