Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Kelly, I wonder if you are able to assist? My Beko washing

Customer Question

Hi Kelly,
I wonder if you are able to assist?
My Beko washing Machine Model No WM5140w is stuck in Pause. When I have switched it on there are 3 lights
Start/Pause (flashing) wash and quick wash. When I pressed the pause bitton the machine start with like a groan noise and sounded like an in take of water but this stops after a few minutes and the pause/stop button start flashing again.
At the moment I have the machine off and will leave it off for an hour as advised by you to a previous client. Is there any else that it could be?
Many thanks
Johann
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

Worn carbon brushes can also cause this kind of fault.

Pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and get someone to hold for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer. There you will see the back of the motor. Either side there are the carbon brushes. Take them out and see if they have worn down.

If so then you need to replace them and then retry it and see how it goes from there.

Check them and see what you find and let me know.

Regards