Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a beko dsfn 1532b dishwasher that's buzzing nothing

Customer Question

Hi I have a beko dsfn 1532b dishwasher that's buzzing nothing else 2 flashing green buttons how do I reset the machine please
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.

Where is the buzzing noise comming from?

Is it still full of water?

When you reset it or cancle the cycle out do you hear the pump running?

Regarsd

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to reset it buzzing from the inside no water at all just buzzing
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

To reset it you need to press and hold the start/pause button for several seconds then the pump shoud kick in.

Then start a new cycle and see what happens. The first thing it should do is bring the pump on.

Then it will stop and should start to fill. See if this is the point when it starts buzzing when it should be filling.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's just flashing yellow wash and dry button making a noise but nothing else as soon as you turn the power on
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Ok the noise you can hear could it be the drain pump running all the time?

If so pull the dishwasher out and lean it 45 degs backwards and see if any water comes out from the bottom base tray.

If it does then stand it up right and retry it and see what happens form there and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so we tilted the machine water came out then restarted it and it reset and bagan filling then started buzzing I think there may be a blockage where could this be? Should we take the back off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Did you get my message this morning,
We tipped it and there was a lot of water drain out seemed to reset briefly after but then same again I think it's the pump... Maybe there's a blockage or a leek if so what should we try next please
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay.

If tipping it cured it for little bit and its gone back to the same then theres a leak in there filling the base and activating the flood switch.

What you need to do on this is pull the dishwasher out and remove both side panels.

From there you will be able to see under the dishwasher and see all the hoses. Check to see if any have come loose under there.

If it looks ok then drain the base again and very carefully set it going if you can with the panels removed and watch it as its filling and washing and if it starts to leak you will see where its comming from.

Try that and let me know what you find.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry we've not had chance to strip the machine down yet
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
No worries thats fine. Just check it out when you can.