Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko oven OIM25501 X. The fan works and only on programme

Customer Question

I have a Beko oven OIM25501 X. The fan works and only on programme 9 does the light come on but no heat....
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Ok if the fan comes on but theres no heat then its more then likely the heater element. As these do like to fail on these Bekos.
Remove the shelves inside the oven and remove the back cover. There around the fan you will see the heater element. Check this and see if theres any visable signs of burning on there. If it looks ok then you need to remove the element and test it with a multi meter and see if faulty from there.
Check it out and see what you find. But from what you say I think you will find the heater element for the fan is faulty here.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel. No sign of burning so will get the element checked. Also even when the oven is off, the fan keeps working and the temperature gauge remains lit. Would this indicate some more general electrical fault ? Many thanks
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Ok as you have this fault as well then its possibley not do to the heater element.
If its staying on all the time even though its set to off this is down to the electronic control unit. You need to remove the oven and take the top off and inspect the control board.
But if the main oven fan is running all the time even when off its down to the control unit as the switching relay will be keeping it powdered up when it shouldn't.
Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So do I need to buy a new control panel ? Can they be repaired ? Any idea of cost or do you recommend buying a new oven ? I bought this one in 2011...
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
If its failed then yes it will need to be replaced.
They can be repaired if you know a good electronics place that can find the fault on the board. Its not something we do as we just replace the boards.
As to a price then as im in the UK its about the £120 mark roughly here.
Regards